Monday, August 17, 2009

It Happened...

We went up to the opening of the bow hunt this last weekend. Obviously we are not hunters... we go to camp and have fun. Burnie and Nephew drove up in the truck and we were waved over by another guy... I took a second to get there and I walked up to the bed of the truck and screamed. I screamed out loud... then I was like "you gotta warn a girl!" Burnie had shot a deer righ in the head pretty much right between the eyes! Most of the bow (I don't even know if that is what it's called)was stilling out the back. Melissa one of the wives of the hunters was like if you see a bunch of guys standing around the bed of a truck you know there's something dead. HAHA! She has a two year old son (who I may steal) and he was all about it, actually pulling on the bow that was still in the deer's head. Another little girl a little older, her dad put her up on the side to see too. I thought it would traumatize a child but I guess not. I have never seen anything that someone has actually killed except for the deer and buffalo head in the basement of my grandma and grandpa's house, that is it. I went over to talk to Sarah and it was close to where they were hanging it up so I decided that since I have never experience anything like this before I'd see if I could stomach it long enough to watch. So I stood there and watched him cut the head off, stick his arm clear up the thing (it was already gutted) and was trying to pull something out, the wind pipe or something, I don't know. Pour water down it to clean it out, they ended up taking too long switching the way they had it tied up on the tree that I got distracted and didn't watch him skin it. It was so weird, Quin couldn't believe I watched what I did when I finally walked back to the trailer. In a way it was awesome, there was a guy there talking about how he loves to kill elk and all that to feed his family. Hunters are a whole other breed then us, that is for sure. Two guys that go up there every year and their fathers fathers have gone to the same spot every year, well one of the guys had a bull tag so him and this other guy stood up on a platform in the trees for 11 hours not talking or moving waiting to kill the bull. They peed once that entire time, and never got anything. I don't get it. But it really is fun going up with them. We're going again this weekend.

No comments: