Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It Doesn't Get Better Then This...

Thursday we went to Kenny Chesney. Our friend Rob always calls the same guy for a taxi on the weekends, so he called that guy and set up a limo since everyone we were going with lives in utah county for one, and the parking at the rio tinto stadium is ridiculous for two, nobody wanted to drive. Everyone has been telling everyone about the limo we're getting... well come Thursday, the guy calls Rob and says that the limo is double booked and the other people are offering more money so he can send two lincoln cars. But we all wanted to go together and the limo driver found a big van for us to take, and he paid for it because of the mix up. So we all met over at Rob and Kelly's and our ride was there... Rob came and told us it was a bus, like to ones we take at the airport... Rob came back to tell us it was a senior citizen bus!! It was free for us, yes. We got to drive together, yes. Did we have a blast in that senior citizen bus? YES!!!!!

Here we are driving to pick Amanda and Jason up! The funny thing is, we never told Amanda the limo was cancelled. So up until we picked her up she thought it would be a limo. It was pretty funny when we picked them up!

In the lin to get in I saw Jenny and Tiff. I can't believe in the big crowd I found them! Quin saw them once when we weren't together too. I love these two.

I'm so glad someone got a picture so we had proof! Josh, the senior citizen!! HAHA

Friday we went to Chris and Jenny's for the 24th of July BBQ and fireworks. We had a lot of fun, but Quin got heat stroke out golfing that day. So poor him :( didn't feel good all night.

Bay took this picture of us.. perfect!

Sooooo while my parents were here my mom said I should try and curl my hair... since it's long the curl has come out but not much. Well Quin's friend's girlfriend has gorgeous curly hair and she told me to try and curl it too. Well while Quin was out golfing, I thought of blow drying and flattening my hair and cringed at the thought. It is down to my butt, thick, and out of control. I need it cut and thinned bad!!! So I thought... I'll curl it.
Here are the results... My hair is SO heavy that the top is sooo flat! I back combed the crap out of it and it still went totally flat. Also it didn't curl very much it just frizzed. I will try again with some other product. We'll see!

Saturday we had a bbq at our house. Just a few people came over. Our neighbors noticed how much we love bonfires and have given us so much wood! We love them! Sunday Quin's parents went out of town or they were doing someone for Art's work, I can't remember. But we stayed home and we watched Gran Torino and A Haunting in Conneticut. The last one freaked me out! It was based on a true story, even at the end there was an update of the situation. So scary but I love it! Gran Torino was not as good as everyone said, I thought, or maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it. It really started to get on my nerves that he was so grumpy, and that he growled at everyone. Also when he said he regretted not having a relationship with his sons, but became a father to Toa really bugged me. Obviously you can be a good father, just not to your own sons? I don't know.

This week has been annoying. Our buick needs to be registered and the check engine light has been on, well we went and paid over $300 to maybe have the light off. So this weekend we are not going to go crazy spending money. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: