Thursday, December 31, 2009

Here's to Forever

Quin proposed Wednesday December 23rd!!!! It was a complete surprise! We had been planning to go drive around and look at lights. I had the week off and I kept texting Jenny saying something is up with Quin and he was not acting like himself. So we headed out Wednesday to look at lights. Last year we found this house in Provo kind of out of nowhere, it has it's own culdesac and one side is the house and the other is a little park/field. The house is huge and beautiful and has the most amazing lights, the really bright ones all over. In the park/field is a huge nativity scene set up. We couldn't remember exactly how to get there but we found it! So we drove up and Quin pulled over and said "Hey let's get out this year" so we got out and we stood right in front of the park and he put his arms around and kissed me and said "Do you know how much I love you, you know how much I love you right?" And I must have made a weird face and I said ".... yeah..." and he goes "NO I am not breaking up with you" Who knows why I am so weird and I thought he was breaking up with me! But he said "no it is way better then that. I want you to marry me!" I just said "SHUT UP!!!!" And he had the box in his hand. So I just kept saying "Really??? Are you for real!!!!" And he said "YES! It is real I want you to be my wife!!" Finally I said "YES of course a million times yes!!!" It was seriously PERFECT! My eyes kept watering with excitment but I was just too happy and too excited! Here are quite a few picture of the ring! He picked it out all by himself.. had it for 3 weeks and everything. He didn't even bring his mom or friends to help him. I love that even more that he did it all on his own. And that it was a total surprise to me!


I love this view... it has two peaks on the side that don't touch the diamond. It's my favorite part!

I had to take the ring in to get sized and it KILLED me! Because of Christmas it took two days and I was so sad but so excited to get it back!!!
Kristi's cell phone takes better pictures then any digital camera. Plus I hate my fingers. Gross! :)

Before leaving for Chris' birthday party!

I am soooooo happy I can not even explain it!! I have always told the people that are close to me that I just haven't felt like I am going to get married. for one, it just hasn't been a huge priority for me. If I found love and it happened then I would be excited but I just didn't think it would happen. Since meeting Quin and getting serious with him it has always been on my mind. I finally found the one person that I really wanted to get married to! It is such an amazing feeling. I have found my best friend that will be for the rest of my life. We don't have a date set yet, but we want to have a wedding in the summer and since we will need to save for the honeymoon and alcohol at our wedding we are thinking not this summer but next!! It is quite a ways away but I am already looking at bridesmaid dresses and trying to figure out the colors for the wedding. Which is good because I can not make decissions. So Christmas this year for real has been the best ever!! I got so spoiled aside from getting engaged! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with Quin and to plan our wedding!!!!!

2 comments:

Jackson 3 said...

Oh my gosh! What a GREAT story. That is SOOO SWEET! I love it. Congrats one zillion times!! I'm so excited for you Yisa!!!!

Lisa Bella said...

Thanks G!!!! You are the best!