Friday, July 16, 2010

I Thought an Update Would be Fun

I always get mad at my sisters for not posting.. and I never post!

Life has been busy, but not out of control! I went home in June for my little sister Lindsay and Matt's wedding. She look so beautiful. It was a fun wedding and so pretty! She is going to be an amazing wife and amazing mother. I also met my future sister in law while there. Brent, my older brother came in for the wedding and he is getting married in August. She fit right in with us and we already love her! She is awesome!!!! My sister Lindsay is having a baby in October. Little Crosby, who I like to call Bing. I think I might have started the Bing but I also think I might not have. :) The tradition is that in Matt's family (the husband) all the kids name their first son Crosby. When we were talking about it I was like Ohhhh like Bing Crosby. Because if you know my family you know us girls love Christmas, and Christmas music especially. So therefore he will be nicknamed BING! I love it. And I actually love the name Crosby.. what if I steal the tradition? HAHA! So I got some time with my family that I love so much! And miss even more.

In May Quin found out he would be working in Vernal for the summer.. I was beyond not happy with this. He started out there in June. It has been an adjustment and the first couple of weeks I couldn't stay at home by myself. This week actually is the first week I have been home the whole week and by myself. I am finally not feeling anxious being there alone. This is my home, I want to feel safe there and I want to be able to feel okay being there by myself. We have a crazy neighbor is really the only reason I am nervous there by myself. He is not stable, you can tell. And I always say a crazy person is a scary person because you don't know what they'll do. But things have been okay.

July my family came into town like they do every year. And I love! Since Quin was out of town I went out there every night and stayed out at my sisters. I love having them here and I wish we all lived closer. We had Quin's parents come over for one of the family bbq's and seriously they fit right in with my family. I love it! Soooo the most fun was Sunday after the 4th.. since my mom was in town we decided to go dress shopping! I felt dumb for setting up an appointment when my wedding is a year away but the lady said that is perfect time. This book I have says to actually order your dress six months in advance. And after trying on more than 30 dresses and loving all of them except for maybe 2 I am glad I have six months to find one! I have a feeling this is going to be hard. But I loved it. I loved every minute of trying on dresses. And every dress I tried on. HAHA! It's funny, when I would think about trying on dresses and picturing me in a dress I would start crying or tearing up a little.. but when I actually tried on the dresses I was so happy and so excited that I was just all smiles! No tears. I feel like this whole experience I will be sooo happy and soooo excited that there will be no tears. It feels so weird, because I've never been through anything like this I always imagined I would cry about everything. We shall see I guess. So I have been looking up places more and more to have the wedding at. This is hard too. With Quin out of town there is no time we can both go. So my sister Jenny gave me the idea to go to appointments without him and if there are places that I fall in love with, then set an appointment up with him when he has time. I think this will be perfect. Well I am hoping. This is so much fun!!! I am loving it so far. I hope I don't get sick of it like everyone says they do.

This is all so far.. I can't wait to really get into planning our wedding and having fun things to share. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

The Blakes said...

I loved seeing you try on the dresses. I can't believe how good you looked in EVERY SINGLE ONE!!! You are so beautiful and I am so excited for you and no I don't think you will get sick on planning just don't stress out in the details have as much fun as you can during this fun and exciting time in your life. Hurry up though...I want you to start having babies :) Love you!