Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas..

That line above is from the Christmas movie "All I want for Christmas" and it is one of my favorites. And the little girl says that over and over "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.." to be annoying, so I do it as well around Christmas time to be annoying! It is no surprise to anyone that knows me, that I love Christmas time!! I start listening to Christmas music way to early, and watching movies. I grew up doing this with my sisters, and I will continue to with my kids. We put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. It is simple, and we are slowly starting to get "memory" ornaments and I love them! We finally got a tree topper this year, and I think it fits perfectly! I really want a real tree one year, but I will settle with this one for now.

Our cute tree! Our house is so small that the only place it could go was in front of the door. But we never use our front door, so no biggie!


My mom had ordered tickets for the Christmas Devotional at the conference center downtown. It was so pretty! I have never been to the conference center, so I was excited. And to see the tabernacle choir, I was excited! At the end the choir sang "O Holy Night" and the congregation joined in at the fourth verse. I was half way listening, but in my own thoughts while thinking about some stuff that has been going on personally with me, and I focused again on the screen and right then was the time when we all joined in, and I started signing and couldn't help but start crying. I don't know if it was what I had been thinking of, or the song having a different meaning to me after the devotional but I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. Hmmm

It was so crazy and foggy that night, and so the temple looked amazing!!

Me and Jenny. It was so cold, we look funny

And of course I had to get this picture. Every year at Christmas time, I always think of retro Christmas, I don't know what it is. And I always think of my Grandma Timm, and her old house. I wonder if it is because of all the Christmas' spent at her old house, and she must have had old retro decorations or something. I don't know, I never could put my finger on what made me always reminiscent of a retro Christmas.. but this reminded me of olden days with the building behind.
I love this picture!! I think the temple looks so beautiful, there is almost a mystery of it or something. And the pole makes it seem like an olden day scene to me :)

I have been looking online at vintage Christmas decorations, and a lot of them do remind me of my Grandma Timm. So that does have to be where it came from. There are a few things I want to order.

SEASONS GREETINGS EVERYONE!! I love this time of year!!!!

1 comment:

Vauri said...

Love this post!!! Everything about it!! Jay and I went to that Christmas devotional when we were dating, it was great! I'm so into Hallmark channel and Lifetime its taking all the space on my DVR!! Miss you most this time of year!!! Love you