Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Long Weekend... Long Kisses...

No pictures this time... still no camera cord! I think someone stole it from work, I asked Quin if he saw it when he was cleaning and he didn't... so I need to go buy a new one.

Friday night we went out for Ryan's birthday. I had to work and Quin didn't but we wanted to get our grocery shopping for the week done that night and get our stuff for Saturday that night as well so we rushed through the grocery store before we had to meet for dinner. Utah County finally got their own Iggy's. So we met at 6 and waited outside by the fire for what seemed like forever because it was so cold that night and it started to snow. We finally got our table for 14. Poor waiter was probably a return missionary he totally had the look. Serving 14 people all drinks... he did so good!! I mean REALLY good considering. He didn't even look like he wanted to cry! HAHA! The food was not good. Well mine wasn't. I love coconut shrimp and Iggy's coconut shrimp... these were burnt. Quin's was good so that's good. We went to Kelly and Rob's and hung out for a couple hours. We sang to Ryan and he had a grapefruit with palm tree things stuck in it and a candle... it was pretty funny! We had a blast!!

Saturday we went to Quin's parents to pick up our steaks for dinner, they had a golf tournament on and celebrities were playing and I was sucked in, I barely talked. Quin thought I was annoyed or in a bad mood but I really just liked watching the celebrities play, they were funny! We went home and watched tv for a little bit and we both took a short nap on the couch. We had decided a couple weeks ago to make dinner together at home. We are saving money to go to Mexico, and we didn't really want to have to fight the crowd trying to eat out. Quin decided to move the BBQer onto the porch because there was so much snow on the back patio and he lit the coals and went to get something inside so the flames started to get really big and I started to get scared that we were going to catch the house on fire! So Quin shut the lid... I think because he put lighter fluid on the coals when we went to open the lit a big burst of flames came shooting out! I screamed of course! It happened like 3 times!!! Finally we started cooking our steaks. We had steak, mashed potatoes with chives, shrimp, and I got a new recepie for asparagus. I cooked it in the oven with olive oil salt and pepper. It was SOOOOO good. The best asparagus I've had! We had candles, it was SOOO cute! Then we watched a few movies. It was such an awesome valentines! I loved having dinner at home with him. And that was our first time eating at our table HAHA!

Sunday we went to his parents for dinner and Monday I had off so I went and hung out with Jenny and Bay! As soon as I came in Bay was like "room" and pointed upstairs. So we went up there and she started handing me her toys one by one. We played around in her room for awhile. Love that little girl so much! I needed to run some errands and clean my house so I left pretty early.

I got my taxes done by Quin's great parents Art and kathy!!!!! Quin thinks I'm getting back enough to go to Mexico and I really hope so! We are saving so hopefully my May we'll have enough. Well he has enough already... it's just me :( so we'll have to see! I really hope we go!!

AND the great news! I have lost 10 pounds!!!!! It is a start and I'm hoping there are more lost! I have been doing this walk and tone work out video. You just walk in place and do toning stuff for your arms, stomach, and legs. I've gotten the "walking belt" that steps it up a little more. It has kept my attention for now, I really hope I don't lose my modivation. I've been eating better. I usually have a slim fast for breakfast, healthy snacks through out the day, a good lunch, and a good dinner depending on my mood. And of course popcorn at night. I am hoping by May I have lost more to feel a little bit more comfortable laying around in a bathing suit! We'll see.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Congrats on the 10lbs that is never easy. Your weekend sounds like a good one. And a good man to have a sweet Valentines like that :)